Friday 13 March 2009

Katie Holmes dazzes in ad campaign for Miu Miu!

Katie Holmes is just full of surprises! Watching her act in her role as Joey Potter, an intelligent, philosophical and bordering on innocent teen on cult tv programme Dawsons Creek, one would never have thought her life would turn out quite the way it has.

Over the course of just a few years Katie Holmes has married Tom Cruise, given birth to a beautiful little girl Suri Cruise, joined the church of Scientology, befriended Victoria Beckham, Acted in Broadway Production, and now... completely nailed it in a spectacular photoshoot for Miu-Miu's Spring 2009 ad campaign. We heard that she was going to do it back in November but I certainly didn't expect it to be this good. In my opinion this eastern influenced shoot is one that will turn heads and will most certainly prove to be a huge success for the uber-trendy design house.

Every shot conveys it's own unique emotive qualities. Katies perfectly defined facial structure and natural beauty is highlighted by the rooms intense lighting contrasts and deep shadows. Katie looks comfortable in front of the camera and encompasses the look of being striking yet graceful in every shot. I love the lighting, the bold and deep colours contrasting with black shadows, the outfits, mosaic prints, fabrics, heels, drapery. What is there not to like about this campaign? Katie Holmes has truly put herself on the map as a model, see for yourself...






















































3 comments:

Emz said...

she does look gorgeous =) I don't really understand why people criticize this campaign for looking too much like Victoria Beckham's!

Fabricjam.com | The fashionable online auction site said...

I heard that too Emz, I can only see the similarity in as far as they both have dark short hair. I think Victoria's campaign has a totally different air about it.

copperdog said...

Growing up with a Dad who was a fashion and model photographer, I was his assistant for almost 15 years. I think Katie just looks broken in many of these shots. The angles are off and the one with her hand through her purse is reminiscent of the Munster's "thing". She has maybe one or two good shots but I wouldn't consider her a talented model. Don't get me wrong, I do think she's beautiful!